n3gh_1 wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> Appreciate some direction.
> I first connected a controller and tested this unit on it's original
> frequency pair (460.625 Mhz +) successfully. Then I send the ICOM's
> out for the new amateur frequency pair (443.050 +) Mhz. Upon getting
> them back from Bomar in NJ I plugged them in and thought to run a
> quick test.
> Knowing I would have to realign the receiver and transmitter I still
> thought it would work somewhat. I was Wrong!!
> No transmitter output, no recieve.
> First question is shouldn't the unit worked well enough to receive
> some and transmit?

No, not at all.  Especially if the receiver and transmitter is moved
more than a few hundred kHz. away from where it is presently tuned;
which of course is the case here being several MHz.

One of the reasons we builders choose equipment that is "tuned" to a
frequency, is so it's immune to other frequencies.
> Second question is the manual I have describes the alignment procedure
> using the Motorola test set only. Does anyone have test point
> descriptions for use with general test equipment? (Scope, DMM, Counter)
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only proper way to tune and maintain your station is with the right
test set.  They are on eBay all the time, and can be bought for $50 or less.

Kevin Custer