Bill,

You can send your DSL service wirelessly to your home a number of ways.
802.11B (2.4 GHz) is the cheapest, but requires a good near line of site
path.  We started using some new 900 cards that seem to work really well
in non line-of-site applications.  Scott and I have a 900 path that is 6
or so miles and works great.  His end is solar powered!  There are
several ways to manage the path as well.  If you wanted to serve other
homes than your own, an Access Point will need to be set up at your
office, and client devices deployed at the places you want to deliver
service.

If you have a good path, I'd start with 2, Linksys WET11's and some good
24 dB grids.  The WET11's can be bought cheaply from eBay and the grids
new from wlan parts in CA.  The WET11's can be set up in Ad-Hoc mode and
will simply be a radio extended Ethernet cable; and with 1.5.8 firmware
is a cheap stable client device for 2.4 802.11B services.  There are 2
versions of the WET11, V1 and V2.  I prefer the V1 box because it can be
modified with higher power cards if needed.

While this may be a bit off-topic for this list, I'll allow this
discussion as others may want to learn about Internet 'repeaters'.

Kevin Custer
List Owner