All,

On a UHF Micor, AFC is not an option, it's a standard feature.  UNLESS
you are going to disable the AFC functionality of your UHF Micor
receiver, you'll need to flip the diode polarity - all four, when going
to the opposite injection.  There are four diodes in the UHF Micor
receiver as the discriminator rectifiers operate as (I believe) a
voltage doubler; increasing the output voltage available from the
discriminator.  I believe this was done for one simple reason; to
eliminate the need of a voltage amplifier to run the AFC varactor in the
channel element.  In UHF, because of higher multiplication factor, the
channel element fundamental needs less change to keep the receiver
centered; as compared to a VHF LO.  So, in UHF, a Micor discriminator
built with a voltage doubler supplies enough voltage to the channel
element varactor without the need for a AFC amplifier.

Eric is correct where the VHF Micor receiver conversion is concerned,
unless you are using the K1006 and companion AFC amplifier option,
swapping the diode polarity is not a necessity; UNLESS you are using the
receiver for something like digital communications or in a simulcast
repeater system where audio polarity to the voter is (can be) important.

A way to remove and swap the polarity of these fragile diodes is to snip
them out with a sharp pair of dikes, instead of de-soldering them.
Then, simply tack solder them back in, after reversing polarity; of course.

On your 2 meter Micor receivers with Low Side Injection, likely the
capacitors in the LO weren't changed from their original 150.8 to 162
MHz. values.  When converting a 150.8 to 162 split Micor VHF receiver to
the 142 - 150.8 split, you have a choice; change the caps and use HSI,
or leave the caps alone and use LSI.  We at Repeater Builder change the
caps and order HSI crystals.

On a UHF Micor receiver that was built for the 450 - 470 split, ham band
sensitivity can be somewhat less than expected - wanted.  Here is an
article that can help with that:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/uhfsensitronRX.html>

Hope this helps...
Kevin Custer