Hi

This months edition of Everyday Practical Electronics magazine features part
one of a project to build a device to enable remote control and remote
status indication all via an old Nokia mobile phone suing GSM based SMS
service ( text message )

See the magazine web site here:

http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/index.html

This could sure be useful on remote repeater sites especially ones using
battery power or wind/solar power.

The design includes battery management functions so as not to overcharge the
battery and in the event of a power outage and the phone switching off due
to low battery, upon restoration of power, the design switches the phone
back on again.

Part two will be in the shops next week but copies should be available via
the web site's online shop.

Matt
G4RKY.
Note, I have no connection with any of the parties involved in this project
in any way.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: