  From: John Everson
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 10:42 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] UHF Micor Exciter Output Level??

  Hi Guys.

  What is the power output of the UHF Micor (VHF really) exciter BEFORE
  the 1st bandpass filter? What about AFTER the 1st bandpass filter? I
  have the manuals, and I know what they say, but I am looking for some
  real world data.

  I have got to be doing something wrong or all of my spare parts have
  gone south on the shelf. I am not at my wits end but I can see that
  it isn't too far away.

  Here is our story.

  We had this 75 watt UHF Micor repeater donated to us. The PA was bad.
  The fellow said "that's it, I ain't fixing this thing again".We
  thought we would fix it, tune it on a new channel, and donate it to a
  fellow that is in need of new hardware. The PA was bad, I discovered
  that all of my spares were junk, or near junk. Then, the tripler
  takes a dump, replaced that... 1.7 watts out of the tripler, now we
  are getting somewhere. I go and hookup the controller, intermittent
  COS... cracked backplane solder joint, fixed that. A day has passed,
  and now I have no output, again. I backtrack and find only 10-15
  milliwatts out of the exciter direct, less out of the 1st filter. I
  have tried two other exciters, on the original channel elements, one
  is dead, and the other has only 10 milliwatts out. How did Charlie
  Brown put it??? ARRRRGGGH

  Am I missing something. Perhaps I have been messing with the GE stuff
  too long.

  Thanks in advance. John