I've been looking at getting a better service monitor - I currently have an IFR
1200S, but no options (like a tracking generator).  So, I'm wondering . . . has
there's been a lot of good said of the HP 8929 series?  I've seen the posts and
it seems that a lot of the commercial guys cater to this monitor.  What I do
like about the IFR 1200S is that you can read both analog and digital signals
at the same time, like frequency error and signal strength, just to name a
couple.  Can the HP monitors do the same thing?

Who out there can help me identifying what model and options I should consider
when looking at the HP series.  I guess, to keep things in perspective, you may
want to look at what the IFR 1200S does / has and what the HP 8929 can do, just
to keep apples and apples the same (in what the service monitor does).

Also, I've seen some web sites where one can find service monitors and maybe
get a deal if you've got something to swap (or upgrade).  Any ideas?  Web sites?

What I'm ultimately looking for is a late model monitor that can be used for
overall repeater testing and maintenance.  I'm willing to get rid of the 1200S
if there is a good deal out there.

Comments, anyone?

TIA,

Don, KD9PT