You can get SU2200RM3U units for that price on eBay.
These weigh 50 lbs and the 8 batteries weigh another
50 lbs. It may be easier to get a unit without
batteries, then buy those separately. It could cost
nearly $90 for all the shipping.

Even at this capacity, the units typically won't give
you more than 30 minute run-time, depending on the
load. If you have a backup generator at the site, you
don't need nearly that much run-time. If no generator,
then you should consider powering the repeater on
12VDC all the time.

Also, the APC SmartUPS series, despite what they say
about them, pass the line voltage through until it
goes away, then the inverter starts up and a relay
switches the load to the inverter. This takes a cycle
or two and most loads don't care about that short of a
glitch. However, if the incoming power is noisy or
doesn't completely fail, these units will pass nearly
99% of all incoming faults right to the load. Some
loads won't care, others might. They have a sine-wave
output and are quite inexpensive on the used market.
They just aren't very good at providing a clean source
of power. I guess that's why they aren't described as
line conditioners.

The best units to buy are called "true on-line". The
incoming AC charges the battery, the battery runs the
inverter, the inverter runs the load 100% of the time.
When the AC power fails, the charger stops working but
the load never knows. Unfortunately you won't find one
of these, of any size, for $200. This is about as good
as running everything on batteries. Granted, you do go
through another AC->DC->AC conversion to do it.

Bob M.
======
--- Don Kupferschmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm in the process of rebuilding one of my repeaters
> and I'm looking to place a UPS in line for backup.
>
> I'm looking for information on make and models -
> what's good and what to stay away from.  The VA
> range is 1300 to 1500, and I'm willing to spend no
> more than $200.00.
>
> Thoughts and comments appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Don, KD9PT

 a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.