From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:50 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] MASTR II

I guess it would be helpful if I gave more detail on the
repeater. It's VHF and its built on a mobile MASTR II.

Here is a picture of it.
http://www.highwayusa.com/mastrII/mastrII.jpg

Is the block that the recv port is pluged into a preamp or
is that the normal place for it to plug in?

Thanks,
Vern

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 03:03:27 -0600
Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:nate%40natetech.com> > wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2007, at 7:26 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:no6b%40no6b.com>
wrote:

>> The P1dB point on the UHF UHS preamp I measured was only
>>+1.5
>> dBm. However, it's much narrower than any standalone
>>preamp you
>> can buy
>> off the shelf, so it has some inherent out-of-band
>>rejection. I
>> measured a
>> noise figure of 4.6 dB, which sounds a bit high but it's
>>a LOT
>> lower than
>> the noise figure of a stock UHF GE MVP/Mastr II/Exec II
>>RX. I just
>> installed a VHF UHS preamp in my latest 2 meter
>>portapeater & am
>> very happy
>> with its performance so far.
>
> By the way, for a photo of a UHF UHS pre-amp, or if
>you're looking to
> buy one -- assuming this one is working -- there's one
>on eBay right
> now...
>
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300160564470>