At 10/19/2007 19:08, you wrote:

>Imagine the fun we have at the Illinois Repeater Association meetings
>between the "Chicago" and "Downstate" guys? It's the same with politics too ;)
>
>Well, the last few meetings have been good, thanks greatly in part to the
>supurb job the IRA has done.
>
>Anyways, I a "downstate Chicago" guy, I live in the farmfields 45 miles
>south of the city. While I will not argue that there are some alligator
>systems in the city...and suburbs....
>
>Be careful of acousing any of those machines of being "gluttons". I'm not

There's a 2 meter system in north central Indiana that I've been told
runs  around 150 watts TX output, yet when using a 50 watt mobile with 12
dB SINAD sensitivity around 0.2 µV I could still access it when I wasn't
getting enough return signal to hear the stations talking to
me.  Apparently the site noise & receiver noise temperature is very low.

Bob NO6B