Repeater Builders,

I pose to you all a question. I have two UHF duplexers, both 4 cavity
pass-reject. One is a Wacom (the ubiquitous 3U rackmount guy) and the
other is from a Motorola MSR2000. I have really poor equipment, and
don't necessarily "trust" manufacturer specs. Anybody have an opinion
on which one is better, or pros and cons to each?

The rest of the RF equipment are Hamtronics T304 and R305 and a Mirage
D-1010-RN. The T304 is "throttled" back so that the Mirage is making
about 55-60W. I'm currently running on the MSR2000 duplexer, not tuned
as well as it could be. Some desense, and some is probably curable
with better tuning of the duplexer, helical preselector on the front
end, etc. But so far, I'm finding the additional receiver sensitivity
(over say a Mitrek/MSR or Micor) is far out-weighing the desense

73 DE N0MJS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-838-3034