-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glenn Shaw
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 1:08 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] MSF5000 TEE Cable

Hi Eric
I agree on the tee connection in the center being the tricky part. I wonder
also if there is anything else that Moto has put into that small box in the
middle of the tee. Or could a person just use a regular tee connector and
then make up 3 jumpers with connectors on each end and just connect up to
the tee. Problem is that after you get done buying all the connectors and
the tee to make one yourself, especially if they were type N, you would be
at least halfway towards just picking up a new one.

I have not seen these in VHF, since the only MSF5000 stations that were able
to use a completely internal "duplexer setup" were the UHF ones that used
the high selectivity optional front end receiver filtering combined with the
3 section prefilter and then the 4 section post filter on the transmit amp,
all feeding into the special tuned TEE cable. It all seems sort of a kluge
but it does work and you can run the repeater off a single antenna without
an
external standard duplexer. They claim about 75-80 dB isol at 5 MHz
separation if tuned right. It has been mentioned that some people have had
problems with the system with desense and there are others that have had it
work great. I had anolder analog MSF5000 running with Xmt lower than Rcv
that worked super with no desense. This is my first attempt at a Xmt higher
than Rcv MSF so we'll see if I can get it to tune, otherwise it will be
falling back to plan B and use a regular 4 cav Pass Reject duplexer and be
done with it.

73
Glenn N1GBY