I think the desktrac is 49w  The Ritron is 7 or 8  which is more than enough
for here.

wd8chl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Jack Hayes
wrote:
 > I can't imagine why you'd want to go to the trouble of building
 > a GMRS repeater.  Two years ago I purchased a Motorola Desktrac UHF,
 > tuned it up and set it up.  Works fine -- no hassles.  It is a little
 > more power than I need so I'm about to replace it with a Ritron
 > Patriot box.  I can't remember to the penny but I don't think I paid
 > more than $325 for the repeater, duplexer and programming.
 >
 > I like the easy way.  Jack  w3fun

 Do either of them make 50 watts? Also neither of those has a receiver
 that can handle high-level RF sites, especially the Riton. It's fine for
 in a small plant, or at your house, but I wouldn't put one up at a busy
 high-profile site...
 The Desktrac? well, maybe...