<<A quick visit to the site revealed some workers had tripped the
breaker on the circuit powering the repeater.>>

I wonder if someone tripped the breaker or if it's just getting tired?
 If it trips again, it's probably time to replace it.  Hope it isn't a
long trip out to the site.
Tom

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, TGundo 2003 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> MCH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, you are left with people who want to cause trouble by reporting
> something they don't feel is right in how someone else is operating.
> IOW, sticking their nose in the business of others. Operating should be
> between the licensee and the FCC and nobody else.
>
> AMEN!
>

> I for one have used such IDs as an indication that a repeater is still
> operating correctly. It also gives technical info (telemetry) of the
> site conditions which is a legal one-way transmission.
>
> Me too- The hourly ID lets me make sure all is well with the system
during monitoring. Two days ago I noticed I did not hear the ID, found
one of the Linked Repeaters not up. A quick visit to the site revealed
some workers had tripped the breaker on the circuit powering the
repeater. Had it back up and running within hours, as opposed to
getting the call when I am not able to run out.

> Joe M.
>
> However- this is all food for thought. I might consider removing all
of the top of the hour ID's. Makes you wonder about all the time put
into repeater controller engineering to facilitate things like
schedulers and such to make all of these illegal broadcasting possible.