Hi,

I have a need for switching AC and Battery power at our repeater site.
Current setup is mains 230v AC and 12v Battery charging via solar cells.
Due to the increasing chargers for mains (and still going up) we want to
utilise battery power more and use the mains for back-up and when the batteries
drop below 11v.
The mains is connected to a power supply at 13.8v, this is in parallel with the
batteries.
I had built a small switching curcuit with 2x relays. One relay has the AC
inline so the mains power supply can be turned off by the controller remotely
or by the scheduler. The second relay was triggered by the AC line so that if
the mains went off it would tell the controller which would then switch the
repeater to low power mode, timers etc.
The problem with the way I had set it up was that when the mains was switched
off, even with a solid 12+v on the battery the relay would click continusally
because the controller for some reason would see a low voltage and switch the
mains relay back on. When the volts was back up to the 13.8v the mains relay
would switch off again, back to battery power. I may be pulling straws here in
what is actualy happening.
I have tried to remendy the problem, and had it working for awhile, but it then
started doing it again. I woud like some suggestions on what way to go?
Should mention I am using a RLC-3 controlling the repeater and ower
requirements.

Thanks

Kevin.

Get Skype and call me for free.