the chill pill.  - Mike

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nate Duehr
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:26 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] TEST

On Jul 26, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Michael Ryan wrote:

> This is a test message. I joined this wonderful group but my
> messages have been deemed fit for posting it appears. -Mike

I think you meant to say "have NOT been deemed fit for posting", as a
complaint but your messages (all three of them) came through fine.

Depending on the mode you're configured in, YahooGroups doesn't always
bounce back your own messages to yourself -- and even when it does,
things show up at strange times for everyone on the list. It's a free
service, "whatcha-gonna-do"?

Give it a few days. If there's someone in Florida who can help you,
they'll answer.

You might provide more detail, like whether the project is ham or
commercial (I guess we can assume ham from the 220 MHz thing) and
whether or not you already have a coordinated repeater pair and
working repeater, etc...

But in general -- finding another repeater person there in Florida
shouldn't be too hard. Key up a local repeater (preferrably 220 since
220 enthusiasts often are more prone to being willing to help one
another), copy the callsign, and look the owner/operator up. If they
got theirs going, they probably can tell you who tuned up their
duplexer and/or put you in touch with that person, right? It's
probably them, in many cases. Buy 'em beer, be nice to 'em... they
will probably say "Come on over", if you sound like the duplexer
tuning is all they're going to need to do. If you sound clueless
about repeaters, they're going to be wary. Just be honest up-front
with them if you don't know what you're doing, and it'll go better.
Enthusiasm may not be something they have much of anymore, or they
might be the superhero of local repeater help, you just can't tell.
But with a callsign, at least it's not a cold call to someone... you
know they have a working (220) repeater.

There's also always the "commercial" option... a local 2-way shop or
similar...

Okay, lots of options. Don't worry -- your message got through, let's
see if anyone can help in your area, then go from there...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:nate%40natetech.com>

http://www.eset.com