-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of n9wys
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2008 7:33 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Update on the MICOR Community Repeater project

Well, I got this thing all reassembled and tuned up on the new frequency
pair. a fellow ham (who used to work for the local Motorola shop) came over
with his service monitor and we tuned and tested the system.  It is still
not passing PL to the transmitter.  Some PL bleeds through from the receive,
but I know that is not correct - nor is it of sufficient level. (I only get
about 90 Hz of deviation with this PL.)

We took a CLOSE look at the Master Decoder card itself and it appears to be
configured VERY differently than the later version depicted in my manual.
For example, the later version card (based on two ICs) has no connection on
Pin 24 to the backplane.  My card (an earlier version with discrete
components) appears to have some sort of signal (audio) on Pin 24.  So I
need desperately to find either the manual pages pertaining to my older
Master Decoder card, or I need a newer version card.  If ANYONE has either
of these, I'd be much obliged of you would contact me.  The issue HAS to be
the Master Decoder card - it is not passing any PL to the exciter.  The
problem is, I have about 8 of the same vintage Master Decoder card, so
changing them out is not resolving the issue.

For the time being, I am going to put the machine on the air as-is. it works
just fine, other than it will have to be CSQ receive for all users.  I'll
decide later on whether I will put in a tone panel, or continue to operate
it as it is now.

Mark - N9WYS / WQIV271