Although it really only masks the problem, you can use CTCSS tone to avoid
hearing the distant transmitter.  Of course, the repeater you're linking to
must encode CTCSS, and your link must decode it.

A more technical approach is to use a modest-gain Yagi antenna pointed
directly at the offending transmitter, and adjust its position relative to
your primary Yagi to develop a signal that is 180 degrees out of phase with
the same signal that leaks into your primary antenna.  The resulting signals
are then combined to feed the link receiver.  Although this solution works,
and I have used it to cancel multipath pickup at television head-end sites,
it is subject to changes in weather and varying power levels.  Rather than
actually move the sense antenna closer to or further away from the primary
antenna, I used a phase-shifting device made for the cable TV industry.  A
less-expensive method is to experiment with varying cable lengths to find
the appropriate delay.  Obviously, you must prevent the link TX signal from
getting into the sense antenna.

But, before you put too much effort or money into the solution, try rotating
your link antenna while monitoring the signal from the offending station, to
see if you can find a null in the back pattern while still receiving the
desired signal.  You might also experiment with other directional antennas
that have superior side-lobe rejection and high front-to-back ratios, such
as a corner reflector.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY