  From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 5:49 AM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Digest Number 6394

  Repeater Builder

    1b. Antenna recommendations  220
    Posted by: "Paul Dumdie" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   w9dwp
    Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm (PDT)
    Tim,

       What type of location are you using? Is this antenna going on the side
or top of a tower.

    You can get a DB224 EE  for 220. That would be my first choice.  Antenex (
now LAIRD )
    has a 3 DB omni fiberglass antenna as does COMTELCO .

     www.antenex.com

    FG2203

    220 - 225 MHz

    222.5 MHz

    107"
    http://www.comtelcoantennas.com/PDF%20Datasheets/BSLL220XL3.pdf

    Have a look at these antennas I have used the Antenex and Comtelco antenna
lines
    for my own use as well as other groups repeaters.

    Paul R. Dumdie Jr. "73"

    W9DWP/R IRLP-NODE-4455

    443.025/2A 145.270/1B/1Z/NAC-293

    ARC-Radio-8 KCARES

    HERD546 EX WB9QWZ

    WQGG738 AAR5CU/T

    www.riflesandradios.com
    Messages in this topic (5)
    1c. Re: Antenna recommendations  220
    Posted by: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   no6b
    Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 pm (PDT)

    What's wrong with the G7-220? They generally do quite well. I using the
    Comet CX-333 at a couple of sites & have had no problems with it. One site
    has a 2 meter & 440 repeater & 220 link all triplexed on the same
    antenna. Wish it had a little more gain, but probably only so much you can
    do when trying to get a good gain/pattern on 3 widely spaced bands.

    Bob NO6B

    Messages in this topic (5)