-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of w8wer
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 6:01 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] GE M/N 4EF5A1 amplifier

We have used two of these amps for many years. I am trying to replace
the tube (4CX250B) in one of them. This is my first time doing this. I
have replaced the tube with one I think is good that was stored in the
repeater. The GE instructions are typical, transmit at low power into
the output of the amp, peak the grid current with Grid and Filter
controls then null the grid current using the neutralizer control. The
problem: after peaking the grid current with Grid and Filter, the
neutralizer control will only further peak the grid current, the nulls
occur at both ends of the control travel; there is a definite peak in
the middle of the control range instead of a null. Any idea what would
cause this condition?

Bill