-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cort Buffington
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:38 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] UHF Repeater Antenna Discussion

Don,

two completely different antenna and feedline systems. I swap them where
each separate antenna/feedline system connects to the duplexer.

The Telewave meter is new because I didn't trust my ham-type meters... (I've
needed a real meter for years anyway) The Telewave shows a little less
forward power and a little lower VSWR than the cheap comets. I did a quick
check of the telewave by transmitting various signal levels into my IFR
1200S (currently in calibration from Aeroflex) I then transmitted the same
signals into the telewave with a nice big DB load I've trusted for years on
it. The Telewave was within a few % of the IFR. I know that's not a perfect
method, but new meter, agrees with IFR in my limited testing format. I'm
probably pretty confident of it.

Problems before and after vertical alignment. If the feedline/connector is
damaged it was damaged when we put this system up -- from tower on the
ground. I mean, we did it ALL three weeks ago. Saturday morning there was a
pile of parts, by sundown it was all assembled and installed. No rain at all
between erection and the first round of testing. After significant rains, no
change.

Thanks Don!
Cort