From: pontotochs <pontoto...@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] VXR 7000 with desense
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 4:04 PM

            Hi,

  I've checked the previous posts on this issue, but I am hoping that

there is more light to be shed.

  We have a VXR 7000 that has had issues for a while as a two meter

repeater.

In the shop we set it up with its DB 4026 duplexer and 50 ohm dummy

load and monitored the output power with a Bird thru line watt meter.

We used a service monitor to inject the RX signal to get 10 dB

quieting (approx 0.2 micro volt). Put the unit into repeat mode and

the repeater will cycle (go in and out of transmit) until the RX

signal is increased about 20 to 25 dB (approx 3.6 micro volt).

Looking at what is coming in the receive port with the transmitter

is keyed is about -75 dBw (50 watt out with about 95 dB of isolation)

at the TX frequency, and there is little to no hash at the RX

frequency - seeing the noise floor of the spectrum analyzer (-120 dB).

Put the 7000 into base station mode, hooked up second signal source,

set first signal source to give 10 dB quieting at the RX frequency

(0.2 uV), set the second signal source to emulate what we saw from the

duplexer (79 mV at TX frequency) and there was no desense. Increased

the simulated TX voltage to better than 1 volt and still no desense.

My thought is that something has gone bad internally within the

7000. Is there something else I need to try?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

    Rick, N5RB