One Summer's day in Los Angeles I had a service
call on a microwave repeater (vacuum tube).
It was located in a warehouse, near the roof.
In the heat I lugged my stuff up the stairs.
As I set down the service monitor I leaned
my other arm against the cabinet.  I jerked
it away because it was burning my forearm.

I was impressed that the equipment would
operate at those temperatures; but I'm sure
that the MTBF was reduced.

Mike - AA8K