From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of skipp025
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:19 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Helper Instruments SM-512 and SM-1024

Hi Randy,

You'll be hard pressed to find the Service Manual unless one of
the manual sharks (people selling manuals) has one. The only other
source I've seen for the manual has been one or two of the SM-512
units I've seen up on Ebay in the last two years.

A fairly well thought out basic service monitor. Like most every
Helper Product ahead of its time and made with saving the comm
tech time and money.

Later version was the SM-1024.

Helper Instruments was in Florida, growing out of a line of well
thought out instruments targeted toward the Two-way radio
industry. The owner of Helper passed and his daughter tried to
keep things going but was unable to continue with new innovative
products that separated Helper from the competition.

Sometime later she sold interest in some specific Helper
Products to Zetron. After a short time even Zetron discontinued
production of their Helper Instruments products.

The SM-512 Service monitor (and the later SM-1024) were very
special animals (products) not produced or continued by Zetron.
The one NY located service center (person) for the SM-512
passed some years back and the legacy of Helper slowly fades
into history. I have a fair number of Helper Instrument Products
and manuals... but sorry nothing for the SM-512 and SM-1024.

cheers,
skipp
skipp025 at yahoo.com