Stick with fiberglass..... Why are you probing the anode of a klystron??
Dan KF8DB

To: repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.comfrom: mwbese...@cox.netdate: Tue, 3 Feb
2009 18:19:12 -0500Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] OT: Chicken Stick

I’d be wary of wood… it can attract enough moisture to become conductive.

Mike
WM4B

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken ArckSent: Tuesday,
February 03, 2009 6:03 PMTo: repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.comsubject: Re:
[Repeater-Builder] OT: Chicken Stick

At 02:22 PM 2/3/2009, dallasreact112 wrote:>Does any one know where I can
obtain a fiberglass "chicken stick"?>I had one at Collins Radio that was about
a foot long, 1/4 inch in>diameter and would like to obtain the same. It is sure
a lot safer>probing around the anode of a Klystron with a chicken stick than
a>metal screwdriver.<---Then again there's always wood. Never had a problem
with a kiln dried dowel
 and CTO - Arcom CommunicationsMakers of repeater controllers and
accessories.http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and
Telewave andwe offer complete repeater packages!AH6LE/R - IRLP Node
3000http://www.irlp.net"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"