At 08:04 PM 2/16/2009, Glenn Maclean wrote:

>Has anyone had success loading wav files per the instructions in the
>Arcom RCP programmer manaul? The manual states to fabricate a stereo 1/8
>plug using the tip to the speaker output of a pc sound card and the
>other end a 1k resistor in series to pin 5 of a DB9 pin connector. Then
>pin 9 to the ground of the 1/8 stereo plug. Then using the serial cable
>from the controller to the pc load the 16 bit mono wav file into the
>controller with the rcp programmer software into port .
>
>I have tried the above procedure and can barely hear the wav file when I
>unlock the controller and use 123 (wav file track number) command to
>play back the loaded wav file. I am using a Panisonic Tough book lap top
>pc. I removed the 1k resistor and tried the same proceedure as above and
>still can barely hear the wav file when I play it back. I have also
>tried the record volume pot at several positions including turning it
>all the way up. The play back audio is very very weak. The play volume
>pot has plenty of audio with the voice ID. I can also record and play
>back the dvr using a transmitted signal into the repeater.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions as to how to load wav files using rcp
>programmer?

<---Glenn. There is an RC210 list on Yahoogroups, as an FYI. You
would  be much better served by posting such questions over there.

That being said, you need to first set the RECORD level as explained
in the Hardware Manual. Once that is done, you will still need to
find the proper settings of the sound card in your computer as
explained in the RCP Manual.

You did make the connection from your sound card to PORT THREE of the
controller, yes?

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"