Also transmitter power on Digital seems to be 10db less or more.....
An engineer here indicates many HDTV transmitters are 1500w
output...plus antenna system.. ERP is a lot less in most cases.. Said
engineer indicated the industry may be going to push for 6kw nozzle
power after all is up and running and they can sort out what is what...
This is all from unofficial armchair conversations and may vary by locale....

Doug