From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kh6...@netscape.net
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 8:36 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Motorola Micor Power Supply - TLN5123B

I have a Micor power supply, that stopped working. I removed the power
supply, currently no load on the bench.

Back plane fuse - OK
F3 - 13.8v fuse - OK,    0vac,  Voltage 4.7vdc before F3
F2 - 9.6v fuse - OK,      0vac,  Voltage 2.2vdc before F2
F1 10 amp. opens if left powered on. I am able to measure the above voltages
before F1 opens.

With no AC power, I measured the resistance across TB1, (After temporally
shorting to ground to remove any stored
voltage, and opening F2, & F3.), 15.3 ohms.

There are not many components before F2, and F3. I guess the next components
to check are CR1, CR2, CR3, CR4.
Although, I have not seen many power supplies with C1 across one of the
secondary, like Motorola P.S.

It would be best to replace all four.
Please send me your input, on the likely faulty component(s) to check.

Thanks for your emails.

73's,   Jim    Kh6jkg.