Well!

That turned into an interesting thread! This is the first problem that I have
ever had with a crystal from Bomar. And I am pretty sure that it is not a
crystal problem anyway. It is weird that the element just went haywire, but
after-all, the radio is only 30 years old, right?  I will test some more and
see what happens. If I start having problems I may order new ones from
somewhere else and try them out. But I have always liked Bomar.
As always, thanks for all the info.

-Jordan