On Mar 22, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Jeff DePolo wrote:

> I have a Sinclair 8-bay with half-wave element to mast spacing
> stored in the
> Sitemaster, but it was swept from the far end of 600' of 1-5/8" with a
> topside TX-RX crossband coupler.  It's spec'ed for 406-512 MHz.  I
> can't
> keep track of Sinclair's model numbers, it's probably a SD318-
> HF2P2SNM,
> previously known as a SRL310C8NM*2-2.  I can send you the sweep
> anyway if
> you want it.  It talks extremely well.
>
>                                       --- Jeff WN3A

Hi Jeff, that's interesting data.

I was more curious whether or not you had any antennas easy to add to
the tests, or any locals nearby with different types of Sinclairs
around/available to add to the data while you "have the test range
setup", so to speak.

Not important enough to go hunting too hard for them though.  The data
you shared on the DB antennas is very useful to a lot of folks, I'm
sure!

I've always had good luck with Sinclairs, and they've always worked
well, but I've never seen anything other than the manufacturer's
published specs on them.  They do seem to work well, all of them.

We've used the 2-bay 1/4 wave spacing, the 4-bay 1/2 wave spacing, and
the 8-bay 1/2-wave spacing models (a mix of VHF and UHF) on various
repeaters.

The most surprising has been the performance of the "little" 2-bay 1/4
wave spacing antenna on one particular site.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
n...@natetech.com