I have a set of Alcatel MainStreet 3624 Multiplexers
<http://www10.dealtime.com/xPF-Alcatel-Newbridge-MainStreet-3624-Multiplexor
-94-0004-02>
which I have been struggling for a number of months to configure.  I am
assisting my county radio system with getting these to work via their 4.9
GHz microwave backbone.  I must admit, MY interest is somewhat selfish - I
have been told that if I can get these working, they will allow me to use up
to three voice channels to bring remote receiver audio back to my primary
440 amateur repeater, located on one of their sites.  (This way, I don't
need to build out the infrastructure for the links - the microwave backbone
will provide that for me.)  My problem is, I cannot for the life of me
figure out how to properly program them.

I have the manual, but for some reason (probably because I don't think
logically - that's why I failed Fortran in college three times
consecutively) so I cannot get them to "talk" to each other.

If someone knows the "trick" and can convey it to me, I'd be VERY much
obliged, as will the county's radio system manager.  (Even their system
technician hasn't been able to figure these out.  I have an acquaintance who
is familiar with them, but we just can't seem to coordinate our schedules.)
If you are local to Chicago, we can coordinate on a time to meet so I can
get you into the sites - otherwise I think we'll need to do this via message
exchanges.  I'm told they need to be programmed all the same in order to
talk properly...

Thanks in advance,
Mark - N9WYS