Mike Morris WA6ILQ wrote:

> The high power 74MST was a 4 freq UHF MOTRAN
> (and used a 28volt PA deck run by a 12-to-28 transistorized
> switching power supply in the center section) along with
> the receive F3 and F4 channel elements.

I don't remember ever seeing those! I saw lots of U74MST's that were
rated 90W, and had a ceramic tube final. Also most had relays that
switched tuning in the PA so that it would do talkaround. When you went
to F2, for instance, the relay pulled in, and changed the tuning of the
PA. Got to be a nightmare once they got to be 10-15 years old...

Jim