Alex, if memory serves, the component differences for the lowband
audio/squelch board are documented in the manual.  I don't remember if the
station and mobile boards both have different components for lowband, or if
it was just the station.  I also don't remember if the SpectraTAC audio
board had different components in the squelch circuit, or if it was on the
Micor mobile or station that did.  When I get back to the shop I can dig out
manuals.  I forget if the component differences were related solely to
altering the action of the Micor squelch in and of itself, or if they were
also a function of the different AF response (particularly HF noise output)
of the lowband Sensitron receiver.

The Micor squelch circuit is, IMHO, still the best there ever was.  However,
the "long" squelch can be a bit too long in some cases when you're using an
audio delay board to mute squelch tails.  What ends up happening is that if
you set the delay long enough to fully mute long squelch tails that
sometimes users that are DFQ who un-key quickly will have their last word
chopped off because the short-squelch turn-off is much shorter than the
audio delay duration.  Although it defeats the purpose of the bi-level
squelch, what I usually do is defeat the short squelch logic and set the
delay accordingly.  I don't have my notes in front of me, but the mod
involves adding a resistor to pull down one of the lines coming off the 7716
to result in the detected noise level always falling in the "long" squelch
voltage range as seen by the comparator.

                                        --- Jeff WN3A