The BBB is a unique situation.   Moto used that suffix on three
different radios.

One was a all-tube base from the 50's/60s,  The later was a 70s/80s
design that
was based on the Mocom-70 mobile radio. The third was a handheld marketed
as the  MT-500.

Can you post an interior photo?  A 2135 key will open either of the
base stations.

More details at
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/motorola-suffixes.html>

But all of the BBBs were crystal controlled. The tube base had
plug-in crystals, the
Mocom 70 based radio used channel elements (packaged oscillators with the
crystals inside) as did the handheld.
If you can't find someone with crystals or elements on your
frequencies you are
looking at having to order crystals.

But to break it down, L43BBB3190DM

L=tabletop base
4=RF power level, 30-40 watts
3=136-174 MHz, but in three bandsplits: 136-150, 150-162, 162-174.  See below.
BB = Model suffix.
B=Base station
3=PL option
1=narrowband (5KHz)
90=4 frequency option
D=hardware revision level
M=shipping option

As to what split, look for a TRD or TTD followed by 4 digits, or
maybe four digits and one
or two letters stamped on the chassis somewhere.  Optionally follow
the receive coax and
if it plugs into a front end module look for a three-letter and
4-digit number with a letter or
two at the end  (like TLN4321A) but it may not be the specific letters TLN.

Let us know what the TRD, TTD, or front end part number is.

Mike WA6ILQ