Since you have to diconnect it at the antenna end (the almost unreachable place
) and it is not for a repeater, why not just cut it back to where it is
convenient to work on it (preferably indoors and weather protected) and provide
a new piece of cable as a jumper to the antenna.  If you cut the old cable back
far enough from the exposed end you should be able to get to clean braid and
center conductor, and insert ing a barrel connector wont degrade your signal
enough to worry about.

Doug N3DAB