At 10/22/2009 07:17, you wrote:

>Gentlemen
>
>I am brainstorming about constructing a portable - temp use - Pelican Case
>portable 2m repeater using the 6 meter Heliax duplexer concept.
>
>I had built a 6m duplexer for .5 mhz split using this method 12 years ago
>and it worked quite well.
>
>I have built a single cavity 2m notch filter for APRS use, so I believe
>the concept can work.
>
>Has anybody tried building a 2m duplexer using this method that would do a
>600khz split?
>
>Advice, suggestions?

The problem I see is that, even at only 500 kHz split, the difference
between the input & output in percent is much smaller at 2 meters than at
6.  At 6 meters, the spacing is just under 1% of the operating frequency,
while at 2 meters it's only 0.41%, so the required Q of the 2 meter
duplexer will be more than double what's required @ 6 meters.

Bob NO6B