--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Rehman" <d...@...> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I agree about the survivability of folded dipole arrays, but they don't seem
> to be an option at 900 MHz- at least I don't see them in commercial catalogs
> and have never encountered an 800 or 900 MHz.

www.rfi.com.au - RF Industries do make 800MHz folded dipole arrays to order and
can also make 900MHz arrays. Yes, they're good quality, fully welded
construction and can be made in S/S or anodised aluminium.

If you want some really good info about controlling lightning strikes, go over
to www.polyphaser.com and get a copy of their book, "The Grounds for Lightning
Protection". Its been around a while and does have a bent towards their
products but there is plenty of generic info that really helps to understand
(in simple terms) the physics of lightning strikes and protection methods. You
may have to email them and request it (the last copy I got 3 or 4 years ago
they sent to me at no cost - not sure if it is still in print or not but it is
worth getting if you can).

Cheers,
Rodney.