As I recall the Control channel was FM for some reason.. and voice was LM.... They made a mess of the spectrum around them when they occupied sites with other 220 systems.. including themselves.. We had a site with (2) 5 channel Securicor trunks. They could never run both at once as the control channels blocked each other even on separate systems on separate freq blocks..

If some Securicor folks are around they might still be able to comment on that... They had 100w PA's too as I recall...

I helped install them at the site, but they told us little of what was under the hood...

Doug
KD8B