At 11/9/2009 22:39, you wrote:
>Hello to the group.
>
>I would like to gather some opinions on coiling excess coax as sometimes
>found when interconnecting cables may be a bit too long for an application.
>
>Good idea? Bad idea? I know that the excess length would add some loss and
>that would be undesireable but in some cases service loops need to be a
>bit longer than one would like in a coax jumper so rolling it up seems to
>be a natural way to cleanly dress the cables.
>
>Comments?

Shouldn't matter if it's coiled up or not, provided it has adequate
shielding (Superflex, RG-214 or RG-223).

If you do get desense when the cables are near each other, it might
indicate RF coupling to the outside of the coax from the TX or RX.  This
indicates a bad/improperly installed connector, or shielding problems at
the TX or RX.

Bob NO6B