I am deeply offended by this.  No, not the mention that we should take time out
for God.  I am offended by the barrage of tirades assaulting Lee for daring to
mention God.

Lee, good for you!

Everyone who is a Christian should be a light in their community, drawing men
to Jesus.  Oh no – I mentioned Jesus.  I guess I will get a box full of email
telling me how offensive I am.  Perhaps if I mentioned Buddha or Mohammad, I
would be ok.  But I dared to mention Jesus.  Folks, if you live in the United
States, you are living in a distinctively CHRISTIAN NATION.  Get over the PC
garbage that has polluted and is destroying our GREAT CHRISTIAN NATION.  The
United States is, after all, ONE NATION UNDER GOD.  When our fathers founded
this country, it was not founded on some nebulous supreme being, it was founded
by Christians who were escaping religious persecution.  They came to the New
World because they wanted to freely worship Jesus.  The original colonists as
well as those who wrote the foundational documents of this country knew JESUS
CHRIST as their personal LORD and SAVIOUR.  To them, the name JESUS CHRIST was
a name with power, a name to be honored and revered.  The name of Jesus was not
offensive and was certainly not a swear word to them.

Some believe that if we call ourselves a Christian nation, we are forcing
Christ on all people.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  As Christians,
who acknowledge the Bible as their final authority, we must admit that all
people have a free will.  If someone decides to follow another religion, that
is their prerogative, their choice.  There is no reason to be offended by that.

It is sad to see such replies from what I thought was basically a good group of
people.  We can peaceably disagree on doctrine, denomination and even politics.
 That is our RIGHT as citizens.  However, when one person is vilified for his
willingness to ask you to take a moment out for God, regardless of who you may
call God, there is a serious problem.  The problem is not with Lee, the problem
is with all of you who are persecuting him (and I suppose, now, me).

Now, for what I am sure will be the final straw for some of you.  I shall quote
some Scripture…
John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is
written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
They hated Jesus without cause.  What was Jesus here for?  To sacrifice Himself
to save mankind from their sins.  There was no reason for them to hate Jesus.
He came to save us all.  If I were to run headlong into a burning building to
rescue someone from the fire, I would be lauded as a hero.  If I should happen
to get a little burn, the accolades would be greater.  Jesus was God in the
flesh.  As God, who cannot sin, He took the all the sins of all the world upon
Him.  Imagine the guilt you would hopefully feel if you murdered an innocent
child.  Aside from the physical torture He endured in the process of the
crucifixion, Jesus took all that guilt of all our sins upon Himself for us.
Where are His accolades? Why is He not a hero among you?

If you would like to discuss this with me, please email me directly.
rr...@librtynet.com

Sincerely,
Randy