Assuming you want only more power that the nuc offers, I would consider piping
the rf out of the msf into the nuc pa leaving the msf rx/tx repeat path intact.
 It would involve matching the rf power levels out/in and the pa control line
to the msf pa control functioning.  The reverse is what i plan for a quantar
cage to msf vhf 350 watt pa (quantro idea).  Could be entertaining.
.
bill
w4oo
.