At 11/26/2009 07:14, you wrote:

>The recent discussion on Spectra audio popping prompts this post.
>
>Has anyone cured the audio popping on a GE Custom MVP. The speaker pops
>every time that the squelch opens. I have several radios that this happens
>on, some worse than others.

The speaker audio comes from pin 12 of AR901 on the SAS board.  The
schematic calls out 6.6 V unsquelched & 0.1 V squelched.  C921, a 220 uF
coupling cap couples the audio to the speaker.

Off hand I don't see any way to get rid of the DC step short of
replacing/redesigning the audio amp.  You could try replacing C921 with a
smaller value cap to reduce the low frequency content of the step.

Bob NO6B