At 12/17/2009 18:54, you wrote:
>After looking over the LBIs and performing a few conversions, I have a
>question regarding which everyone feels is the best source for a CAS
>signal into a repeater controller - CAS, RUS, or RX Mute.

I used to use RUS, until I discovered that the attack (invalid to valid
transition) is significantly delayed, around 50 ms.  CAS does not have this
delay, & I find that the fast squelch performance is better because the
chopping is less pronounced.  This is because even though the squelch does
briefly close on signal nulls during mobile flutter, it opens much faster,
so the chopping isn't as noticeable.

I still use Micor squelch boards in all my UHF MVPs & Mastr II RXs, but I
don't bother on the VHF radios as I find the Mastr II squelch works well
enough.

Bob NO6B