Hi Bill,

Yeah I'd also seen that Monster PA listed...

For me, somewhere above 100 watts heading up toward say
300 watts is a place where all the related hardware has
to step up to the next level/size. Circulators, combining
equipment, amount/number of cavity filters, the power
supply and most important reliability of keeping it
all going.

Detection and damage prevention in fault or failure modes
becomes a constant background through process not so easily
avoided when using lower power levels.

I'd have loved to had that Quintron 4-400a tube PA for
a 6-Meter Repeater... but that's a lot of working electronics
to park at a remote mountain top where maintenance might
not be as regular as one would hope.

When it comes to solid state PA's... I have a hard time
finding and keeping decent power supplies going. All those
switchers we find surplus new-old-stock seem to last a
year or two at most before failing. I guess it's time to
spend more money on better supplies.

It would be nice to have a "walk tall, step flat" (jargon
from another radio service) repeater signal but it's
hopeful the repeater would be able to hear at least as
good at it talks. All mouth and small ears... an
alligator machine of which we seem to already have in
abundance.

cheers,
s.