Jeff DePolo wrote:
> Does anyone have any two-way or microwave engineering contacts at Duke
> Energy or Texas Eastern (pipeline)?

(If my memory isn't failing me....  As I remember)
N3LIF Roy "Ed" Kern worked for Texas Eastern as a radio/microwave
technician.   He is likely retired now.

Ed's in Green County - a repeater owner, and a nice guy.  I don't have
any contact information other than the usual QRZ database.

> Along the same lines, does anyone know if they maintain their own microwave
> network or if they subcontract the
> maintenance out?

As of 10 or 12 years ago - they utilized mostly in-house maintenance.
That may have changed.

If you can get a hold of Ed, he might be able to put you in contact with
the folks in engineering.  KR3P might have Ed's email address he can
relay via private message?

Kevin