John Szwarc wrote:

I'm looking for some advice on constructing a remote receiver site. Ideally I'd like to have everything contained in one neat package just like at the repeater site. We'd be receiving on VHF and transmitting the link signal on UHF back to the repeater site. Any thoughts?

Here's one...

GE MASTR II mobile - VHF Receiver, UHF "FM" Exciter (and PA if necessary). Modify the audio path for flat audio and use an AP-50 for modulating the exciter. If you want or need a controller, use one of the plug-in NHRC models. Makes a nice little package and the sound will be excellent so the voter can do it's job well. FM exciters on UHF in the MASTR II are a little scarce. Use the following article to change the common phase modulated UHF exciter to FM:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/ge/mastrII/ap-50-fm-mastr2.html

Kevin Custer