> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "larryjspamme...@..."
<lar...@...> wrote:
>> Our site owner wants us to upgrade our old Motorola MICOR 2-Meter
>> and UHF ham Repeaters to something much newer. We're looking at
>> replacing them with something like new Motorola Quantar repeaters,
>> which will also save us some floor space - we should be able to
>> mount all of them in one open rack. The people paying for these
>> want to make sure they have any future needed features like P25
>> capability, etc.

Frankly, I would likely tell him to go pound salt. He needs a REEEEALY
good reason to force you to change out perfectly good equipment.
Interference issues are about the only legit reason. Hams are NOT
subject to the narrowbanding requirements of business and public safety
users, so that doesn't hold water.
I would say unless your current equipment is defective and causing
interference, f he really want you to upgrade, he should fork over most
of the money.

WD8CHL