Norm
I need you to do two more things:
1)  Tell me where the measurements of the lengths of the coax were made to,
were they to the edge of the molded tee block, or to the center of the block,
and at the splice to the different coax cables, was the measurement to the
center of the splice or at the edge of the shrink tubing?
2) I used Z measured data from a DB 224A (for the 150-162 range) in my
inventory, of the physical dimensions of the dipole. Would you confirm the
dipole dimensions of the antenna you are using, everything including the
spacing to the mtg pipe, the overall length, the length from the center
mounting bracket to each end of the dipole and the dimension of the center to
center of the folded section. I want to confirm that I am using correct data in
my calculations. Only one dipole dims. are necessary. A dwg would be nice.
>From first go around the Smith Chart, it appears that to use or modify the
>O.C. stub to optimize the impedance matching for use at 144-148 Mhz may
>be unwise. I'm leaning towards adding a Tee adapter with stub at the feed
>point connector, and if necessary modifying the length of the 106.5", 50 Ohm
>feed line coax. If you somehow modify the O.C. stub and your results are
>worse, then you have essentially destroyed the matching harness
>usefulness. Please also advise the type of connector used at the feed-point,
>"N" or "UHF".

WA9ZZU