> Anyone care to comment on the quality of the Amphenol Connex
> line of RF connectors? They have a pretty good price point,
> but only if they aren't junk.
>
> lh

It is my understanding that Connex was started as a division of Amphenol
after some kind of a buy-out of another manufacturer that mostly
manufacturered overseas.  Amphenol's strategy was to keep Connex as a
RF-connectors-only subsidiary, and leverage the reduce costs of off-shore
manufacturing, selling the resulting products under the Connex name rather
than replacing existing products in the Amphenol product line (which extends
way behind just RF connectors).

I was reluctant to buy any of the Connex connectors when they first showed
up, but I've bought a bunch (maybe 20 or 30) adapters and a few dozen N and
BNC connectors and the quality is good.  I'd say they're a step up from
Amphenol's "RFX" product line, which had been their lower-budget line they
came out with maybe 15 years or so ago to compete with some of the
lower-cost manufacturers' products.

While I mainly buy RF Industries connectors for run-of-the-mill applications
and Huber+Suhner, Delta, and Kings for more mission-critical stuff, I
wouldn't hesitate to use Connex based on what I've seen thus far.  There are
other manufacturers that I purposely avoid...

                                                --- - Jeff WN3A