A slight word of caution: there were 3 versions of the Challengers: one
that used a DOS PC to program, one that used a Commodore 64 to program,
and one that used...I think either a TRS-80 or a Timex-Sinclair to
program. If you have one of the last 2, there were special modules for
interfacing to the radio-good luck finding one! Most likely you'd have
to change out the logic board for a PC-based board.
There weren't a LOT of them, they were only made early on, but they are
out there (a former employer had quite a few C-64 style, because he was
a Commodore fan.)