I've been using Paypal since 1999 and have had absolutely no issues with them.

Actually on a sale overseas, they credited me the payment, then 10
days later debited me because they could not access the foreign bank,
then that was resolved and I was credited - twice!

Paypal is part of the Wells Fargo Bank, so there is no fooling
around. And, if they did sell your private information, then millions
of people would have their banking information all over the net, and
certainly hacked.
This has never happened to me ever. And I am leery of on-line
banking, but in over 10 years I have never had any reason to distrust
Paypal. And they have phone support, unlike Ebay.

The only reason Paypal may delay a payment is due to the funds from
the sender not being available. Even a money order can be held by
your bank for a few days. They now consider them as being a "check"
due to all the fraud going around. That;s what my bank HSBC told me.
They won't even accept a "walmart" type money order any more.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards

Ian
VA2IR